This November we honor ... YOU!
In honor of November Diabetes Awareness Month, we are honoring PWDs and their loved ones. We honor the way we manage to stay positive and safe.
Here we have gathered some general tips for Diabetes health and wellness:
1) Think Wellness Not Weight Loss. Do you only make good food choices when you are trying to lose weight? This could lead to rebound weight gain if you go back to your old habits once you’ve reached your goal. Stay focused on making long-term health changes instead. "
2) Set Reasonable Goals. Ask yourself if what you are trying to accomplish is reasonable. Losing 50 pounds in 2 months is not reasonable, but losing 10 pounds in 2 months is. "
3) LIMIT but Do Not ELIMINATE. Eliminating your favorite foods will just make you want/crave them more. Allow yourself those less-healthy choices, but find a way to limit your intake (in portion or frequency) to avoid feelings of deprivation."
4) Try Tipping Your Plates with Blue. Did you know that the color blue is a known appetite suppressant? Why not use a little color to help you stay on track? Eat your dinner on a blue plate and you'll discover that you need less to feel full.
5) Take Stock of the Positive. Focus on the positive changes new eating habits have brought you. Instead of focusing only on the changes you aren’t seeing yet (i.e., a drop in your scale weight), focus on the benefits you are noticing, like saving money by not wasting it on junk food, or your increased energy level from exercising."
6) Celebrate the Small Victories! Remember that fitness is more like a marathon than a sprint. By setting small weekly or monthly goals, you will be able to track your progress, which will keep you motivated to continue. You don’t always want to feel like you are far away from the finish line. Once you’ve achieved a goal, no matter how small, celebrate it! "
7) Be Kind to Yourself. Give yourself a hug once in a while! Train hard, eat right, sleep well, but once a week, allow yourself an indulgence. Enjoy your favorite dessert, get a massage, or simply take some time to relax."
8) Have an Accountability Partner. Find a friend, trainer, or group that will keep you on track when you miss a workout or feel like quitting."
9) Each Day Write Down How You Feel Healthier. Focus on the feelings of better health and not on thinness.
10) Stay safe! Live life spontaneously with your TempraMed VIVI Cap and keep your insulin safe and protected.
We honor you today and every day.
Get your insulin cooler case here at our special November Diabetes Awareness discount.